It’s September, which means FALL and it’s time for pumpkin flavored everything (unless you live in the desert where we don’t have fall and it’s always time for fire). Personally, my favorite time to have something with a little pumpkin pronouncement punching my palette is breakfast – hence my immediate draw to this pancake recipe! Pair this with a cinnamon sweetened coffee and some chilly weather (or standing in front of the AC vent) and you have the makings of a perfect morning!
This recipe is from my friend Sheena (Instagram: @strengthunleashedwithsheena). Her page is full of little gems like these pancakes, real talk about what it takes to reach your goals, and a certain brand of optimism that always helps to brighten the day. If you’re going to follow someone on Instagram make sure it’s her.
What you’ll need
- 1/2 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup Fat-Free Cottage Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Clove, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Salt to Taste
- Add all ingredients except the Clove, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Salt to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Carefully add the Clove, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and/or Salt to taste. Blend again after adding.
- Once the batter has the desired taste and consistency, add batterto non-stick pan over low-medium heat.
- Recipe makes 2 servings as written.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- 225 Calories
- 19g Protein
- 22g Carbs
- 7g Fat